HOW DOES A FOOD SENSITIVITY TEST WORK?
If you want to extend your life and live a better quality of life, you need to identify the sources of inflammation and get rid of those sources. A food sensitivity test is a great way to identify those sources of inflammation.
So, how exactly does the test work? By measuring the different levels of IgG antibodies in your blood, we are able to identify foods that trigger inflammation in your body. Each kind of food has its own unique IgG antibody; therefore, elevated levels of an antibody indicates a food sensitivity to that particular food and a potential source of inflammation. The test measures 92 different foods and their associated antibodies allowing you to identify several foods that could be troublesome to your health.
Take for example gluten. Gluten has its own unique antibody. A food sensitivity test will let you know how elevated that particular antibody is in your blood stream. If it is in fact elevated, you would then know that gluten is a source of inflammation for you. By identifying the foods that negatively impact your health, and eliminating these foods from your diet, you immediately start down the path towards a healthier life.
With that said, there are many known symptoms associated with food sensitivities. Over time, these foods fuel a small but constant metaphorical fire in your body which results in chronic inflammation which may lead to some of the following symptoms:
Loss Of Appetite
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Low Back Pain
Auto – Immune
Chronic Bladder Infections
Coughing & Wheezing
THE RESULTS ARE IN FROM YOUR FOOD SENSITIVITY TEST. WHAT’S NEXT?
- We put together an entire wellness plan based on your results.
- You get a customized grocery list and diet plan unique to your test results/food sensitivities.
- Essentially, you will eliminate all the foods that you are sensitive to for 8-12 weeks.
- After the 8-12 weeks, we re-introduce those foods into your diet every 4 days.
- You will then keep track of any symptoms you may have after re-introducing these foods. The most common symptoms are headache and fatigue.
- If the particular food causes any negative symptoms, you now know that the particular food causes inflammation in your body and you should, therefore, avoid that food altogether.
WHAT ALL IS INCLUDED IN THE TEST?
- Blood Draw at a Care Spot Clinic
- Results from test: identify food sensitivities
- Wellness Plan: unique grocery list and diet plan
- Follow-up appointment with the doctor to go over results
- Doctor will answer any questions you may have at any point in the process
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please give our office a call today! 816-535-5101